클레이튼 거버넌스 카운슬은 다양한 거버넌스 사안에 대한 결정권이 있습니다. 그 신뢰성을 확보하기 위해 거버넌스 카운슬 초기 멤버들은 신뢰받는 기업들에 한정되었습니다. 플랫폼의 발전 및 안정화 단계의 효과성을 위한 선택이었습니다. 클레이튼은 31곳의 거버넌스 카운슬 멤버와의 협력과 클레이튼 메인넷의 원활한 운영을 통해 이 단계에 도달할 수 있었습니다.
클레이튼은 클레이튼 거버넌스가 우리 세계의 변화와 정렬된 클레이튼의 성장을 이끌어야 한다고 믿습니다. 이 세계의 주된 변화 중 하나가 바로 메타버스의 성장에서 비롯됩니다. 기술 진보는 더 메타버스화된 세상을 불러오고 있습니다. 특히 비전통적인 탈중앙화된 자율 조직(DAO)과 빌더들의 영향력이 날로 강해지고 있습니다. 중앙화된 구조 없이 스마트 컨트랙트 상에서 작동하는 조직인 DAO는 메타버스의 핵심 주체가 될 것입니다. 빌더들은 메타버스의 운영과 성장에 기여하면서 더 큰 영향력을 가지게 될 것이다.
우리는 변화하는 세상에 더 잘 적응하기 위해 거버넌스 구조를 재편성하고 있습니다. 클레이튼은 클레이튼 거버넌스 카운슬 멤버십을 전통적인 기업 외에 앞서 언급한 비전통적 주체들에게도 개방할 것입니다.
스테이킹 기반 거버넌스 모델의 도입과 클레이튼 투표 메커니즘에서 지니 계수의 제거를 통해 클레이튼은 커뮤니티의 지지를 많이 받는 거버넌스 참여자들이 자신의 선호에 따라 클레이튼을 만들어 나갈 수 있도록 해줍니다. 메타버스화된 세상에서 적절한 결정을 내릴 수 있는 주체들이 클레이튼 GC에서 더 많은 영향력을 지니게 될 것입니다. 우리는 DAO와 빌더들이 해당 영역의 리더가 될 것이라 믿습니다.
When the level of metaversification crosses the critical threshold, Klaytn governance will be fully decentralized with various types of entities. Ultimately, Klaytn will evolve into a DAO of DAOs and a platform for DAOs to communicate the voices of Klaytn Communities through on-chain mechanisms.
The main topics that can be decided through the governance structure include the following three areas, and proposals that require additional decision making may be introduced in a regular meeting or temporary meeting for review. The Klaytn Governance Council must make decisions that are best for the growth of Klaytn.
- Matters related to the technical update of the platform. Here the issues on the blockchain's basic structure (e.g., Account Structure), new features (e.g., L2 solution), or software update schedule are included.
- Issues relating to additional issuance of KLAY and its distribution structure, changes in transaction fees, and Klaytn Improvement Reserve spending approval etc. are included in this category.
- Governing Rule
- The governance subjects and processes, as well as the rules for the responsibilities and rights of governing bodies, are included in this category.
Klaytn principally aims for the governance process to occur within the protocol (on-chain). Through this process, the votes will be recorded on the blockchain, and the results will be carried out following the vote. As the platform grows, more matters will be handled through on-chain governance.
The initial governance process proceeds in the following order: proposal introduction, statement of opinion submitted by advisors, voting by council members, and various follow-up procedures depending on the result of the vote.
Those who have the right to introduce proposals can make sure each proposal is voted on by introducing it. Once the proposal is introduced, the advisors must conduct expert analysis on the proposal and submit a statement of opinion with their results.
During the initial phase of Klaytn governance, the Klaytn Governance Council members will have the right to vote on the introduced proposals and will reference the advisors' statements of opinion to vote on what they believe to be the best option. If the number of votes passes the threshold, the proposal will pass; if not, the proposal will be dismissed. In its initial phase, the voting process may be replaced by a discussion process facilitated by the Klaytn foundation. The follow-up measures for an approved proposal will be led by the chairman, and the chairman has the responsibility to carry out all the proposals that have been passed by the council during his or her term.
The KIR Proposal review will be decided through the voting of the Governance Council members, and the proposal will be rejected if half of the committee or more vote against(rejected) the proposal. For more details on the KIR Proposal review, refer to the following.
The bodies participating in governance must act in consideration of Klaytn’s long-term benefits rather than just for their personal interests, and they must actively participate in the governance process. Additionally, all participants that contribute to the network as Klaytn Governance Council members must secure computing resources that are greater than the platform requirements and stake a set amount KLAY of their own or from third parties. For smooth operations in development and stabilization of the platform, Klaytn Foundation will take on many roles in governance related matters in the initial development phase. In the future, however, other bodies will gradually take on greater roles in the decision-making process, and they will have the right to participate independently.
- Development Phase: The initial development phase after the mainnet launch must quickly see parameter adjustments, new feature developments, etc. For this to be possible, many issues will be decided through gathering the opinions of the Klaytn Governance Council members, service providers, and community members. To secure initial stabilization, Klaytn Foundation will lead the decision-making process. Additionally, all decided matters will be transparently shared with the public.
- Stabilization Phase: The Klaytn Governance Council has governing rights on many proposals and this phase will gradually begin starting Jan 2021. For special matters such as those concerning platform development, and matters that directly affect the overall Klaytn ecosystem, Klaytn foundation may facilitate the discussion and execution.
- Decentralization Phase: Following the stabilization period, a number of non-traditional entities such as DAOs and builders may be brought into the decision-making process for additional opinions. Decentralization phase may be gradually achieved through multiple stages with different governing rules and participants.